is my son seriously getting MORE hyperactive as he gets older?!?!

the past couple weeks my son has had SO much more energy than usual (and he's always had A LOT of energy). i haven't been giving him sugary foods or anything different, so i don't know whats going on. But even if i've had him outside all day, when we come in for the night he still has soooo much energy. He seriously will run back and forth through the house, run in circles, scream, and crash his toys into eachother. What's his deal?? Cuz it's really starting to aggravate me :\

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• its possible. mine has adhd and continues to be more and more hyper... at least seems to be that way on most days... sorry.....just love that little monkey!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Have you tried other food allergies? A lot of kids are allergic to corn, because it's in practically everything and it's a persistent protein that's hard to digest --it can overwhelm a body.

Have you tried omega3 fatty acid supplements? A friend of mine had a son who was NUTS whenever he was shy on essential fatty acids. There are a couple of supplements that are marketed specifically for it.

You don't say how old he is. I suspect it matters.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Teach him better ways to use up that energy, rather than running in circles and screaming.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think it maybe the age. my 2yo goes through phases like that
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2010