Do you feel doctors, nurses and even teachers assume to know what the best for your children without asking for your imput or asking you first whats the best way to do something?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 12:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel that some doctors do make bad calls, however, if a teacher is doing something or suggest that they know best, then you should tell them your input. It is important that teachers and parents work together. If the teacher doesn't want to work with you, depending on the situation then you may want to go to someone higher. A good teacher always asks for parents inputs! I am in school to be a teacher and I have learned that you deal with a lot of complications when a teacher fails to do this. It is the law that if a teacher does something or suggest something against your religion or against what you believe that you, as a parent, have the right to speak up and say something. Once again, I don't know your whole story on this, but not all people in these professions are bad news or don't listen to the parents. It all depends on the situation!! Could you tell us more about what has happened?
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• LOL, NO! because I take a proactive approach. When I was young and had my first child I got pushed around a lot... and then I realized I had rights. And the more info I had, the better off I was. So, I usually have a good idea of what is going on with my child and what treatments I am/am not okay with.

I've also found a doctor I have a good relationship with, and he will always listen to me and check out new stuff if I want him to.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Well, maybe they DO know better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I should included "and there great way of doing something turns out totally bad"
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 4:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010