what to do

So my 2 yr old son has started throwing temper tantrums the past few days since my DH left for a deployment. DH says it's just terrible 2's but idk what to think. He normally listens really well and goes to bed when he's supposed to and it's now 11pm and he just fell asleep on the couch

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its is the terrible two stage and another reason he could be acting like that too is b/c he is used to see 2 of his parents together. He maybe acting out cause he probably miss his father. To really handle that is by letting him throw his tantrums until he is done and if that doesn't work then seat him in time out for little bit until he stops. Or when its time for bed just go to his room and lay there with him until he falls asleep. He is used to have the secure of having two parents there and now he only has one so u might want to spend time with him at night to soothe him and tell him that everything is okay. And maybe have him sleep with u in yall bed for a couple nights.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• dh is probably right, but he may also be upset that daddy's not there and it's his way of responding to that. just give him some time. don't pay too much attention to the tantrums, attention is one reason why kids throw tantrums and without a big reaction it will get old and he'll eventually stop.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My son did the same thing around 2, my husband worked 4 wks out and 2 wks home, for the first week he was gone, my son would be so out of sorts! It was aweful. Just hold him tight when he gets upset. It's a huge adjustment and they're too little too understand why. Give extra lovings, talk about Daddy all the time, put a picture by his bed... Good Luck
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010