Workout tips?

So my husband just left for a deployment and his whole goal is to workout 2x a day and get as big as possible while he's gone.

I plan on going back to the gym b/c I don't want to be all out of shape and he looks amazing. The gym on base offers Zumba 2x a week but they don't have daycare but I guess ladies bring their kids in anyway. I'm going to start going and see how it works out with my son but I'm looking for other workouts that have worked with ladies that don't require diet pills or supplements.

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My community gym offers Zumba as well! It's great! I love it! I do that plus walking every morning and swimming on the weekends :) Soon as this little one pops out, I'm getting bak on the Zumba train :D
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No workout requires diet pills, in fact any diet pill combined with a strenuous workout can lead to death.

Check out the workout DVD section of your library --you could get excellent workout guidance you can use in your living room without worrying about childcare of any kind. You might also like to mix it up with playing in the park, walking or playing a sport, taking a dance class or just being active without going to the gym. Anything that gets you moving is better than anything sitting still...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Get a jog stroller and a good pair of running shoes. If your not used to running start a walk/jog program. Then add in some strength moves- abs with an exercise ball, push ups, squats, lunges. You could always get some dumbells and do a routine at home- I found one by googling. I am STILL waiting on my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD from amazon and if it ever freakin gets here I am starting that. You can get really good workouts with your kids and without a gym- you just have to be a little more dedicated and have the ability to not let things at home (dishes, laundry) distract you when its workout time.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 7:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Our gym also doesnt offer childcare, which is a total 180 from what kinds of things our last post's gym had.... Turbo Jam is great. You can do it at home. Its like a kickboxing/dance workout. I have read that pilates and yoga are good because they stretch and lengthen your muscles, which make you appear taller, which is supposed to make you look leaner. I havent tried that though. I have been walking 1-2 miles everyday up/down hills and stairs all over post. Im waiting for my ipod to arrive so I can get back to the eliptical!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I did the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels to tone initially- I did not need to lose weight & I did not really need a whole lot of toning, but this is a great DVD because it doesn't matter if you are like me, or if you have 50lbs to lose. It is awesome.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Go running with your kid. What my DH and I do is wear a sweater and sweats so we sweat more. In the last2 weeks my DH lost almost 15lbs and I lost 5lbs. (men lose faster than women *sad face* lol)
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 9:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010