taking from the rich doesn't make sense, does it?

if you take from the rich by taxing them more, wouldn't they stop giving to charities as much or at all and wouldn't they stop having businesses that supply jobs? if i were rich i wouldn't keep a business running where i pay 60+ more in tax raises(wheres the profit). then low income families would be without jobs and there would be less people starting new businesses cause they feel they would loose their money on the tax increase. the cost of products or services would increase that we can't already afford. i don't think obama supporters see the effects of his plan. rich people supply jobs and money to the poor. they are already taxed more then the poor. it would be an obama-nation to agree with his ideals. it sounds pretty but i won't work. who agrees?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think the poor WANT to see the effects of the plan. They want it now and they want someone else's. When you make it past the 10th grade with at least a B average and then at some point in your life get a job and a house, things like what you are saying begin to make sense. Why do so many young people support Obama's plans?? Because they are still in college, not working to make a living, not owning a home and not filing a tax return with a rate of 28% or higher. If I were living in momma's basement listening to Britney Spears or Madonna I would be down with Barry O too. Or at least watching that hot chick sing how Hot she is for the Oboy on Youtube. I mean boobtube.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think there are a lot more factors to consider. First of all, big and small business owners have access to many tax breaks!! I think Obama wants to tighten up on some of the loop holes. For instance, big business owners can buy a log cabin in Vail and have a few meetings in it. And use the mortgage as a business expense.

I don't think people would donate less. Remeber, donations are tax

Also, I am not preaching socialism here but doesn't the old and new testament insist on charity and taking care of those less fortunate? I am always so suprised to see women complaining that there "hard earned money" is going to someone who has less. Then turn around and preach Christianity on anothe thread. Just wondering.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• And please don't say that everyone receiving government assistence is lazy or not willing to work hard.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• they are paying more in taxes, but they also get more tax breaks. Obama has said that he's going to make MORE tax breaks for businesses that create more jogs. Taxes are a part of life unfortunately, and someone has to pay them. I pay them, you pay them and the rich pay a little more, but they're still rich
    Anonymous

• jcsscfam5... you're right, we (as Christians) are supposed to help the less fortunate. But here is how I look at it: remember that old saying "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day; Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime"? I've had to use food stamps before, but I worked my butt of, and got out of the situation. There is a difference between a hand-up and a hand-out.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm rich and I don't mind paying more in taxes. I can honestly say each time my taxes have gone up, I was making more money anyway, so I didn't even notice. I have been truly blessed and don't mind giving back. I agree with Joe Biden, it's patriotic.

Anonymous

• Or you could just say that shit rolls down hill. Piss off the rich man in America that owns all the businesses and there are gonna be hurting little groundlings looking for jobs, souplines, and a tent.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If I were rich, and I saw my taxes going up, I would look around my business and decide where to start making cuts. "Peace out" employees, why should I take a pay cut? I am the boss after all. So there go some jobs, good thing Obama is building up welfare and government programs. There are going to be a lot more people on them if he ever gets into office.
    No matter how you slice it, the Democrats are proposing legalized plunder (aka. stealing). They really need to take a course in Capitalism and the Constitution.
    Anonymous

• Legalized Plunder. I like that. I'm going to steal that quote too. Cause it's cool to do that these days. Thanks!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• For the past eight years businesses have not been taxed and we still have the highest job loss rate ever and the biggest deficit ever. Please someone tell me the logic in that?
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 5:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008