Numbness in the tip of my finger???

Ok so i volunteered at my daughter class today and the teacher had me doing some cutting with scissors. i was cutting for about an hour, then all of a sudden the tip of my ring finger is numb, i thought it would go away but as of right now (10pm) it is still numb.
I will be making an appointment on monday but anyone have any ideas or thoughts??
Weird it's just that finger, nothing else???

nolaero

Asked by nolaero at 1:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I do not know. Really strange. Maybe just from cutting for an hour, I think.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• that is strange...
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sounds like a bit of Carpal Tunnel (from repetitive motion) . Shake your hands and/or raise them over your head and open and close several times. Do this several times a day. If it doesn't go away then they have wrist holders for this specific reason to help with the numbness. Could something else but I just wanted to help with an answer.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would agree with Congenial....it sounds like Carpal Tunnel from the motion of cutting for so long. I think it will wear off.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was going to say that, too-Carpal Tunnel. I have a mild case of it. You'll be better tomorrow :))
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i have nerve damage in my hand so when i get cold it goes numb at the tips and my pinkie it could b u pulled a nerve
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• you may have just workd the thumb in over time
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2010