Diaper Genie is it worth the extra $$

I was thinking about buying a Diaper Genie some say they love em some say they hate em.Is it worth me spending the extra $$ on one?

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it is - but only the Diaper Genie II.
    mama_manda

Answer by mama_manda at 10:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i had one and i don't think they are worth the extra money.

what i do is use my old plastic sacks from wal-mart and wrap the poopy diapers in it and throw away in my regular trash. no smell no waisted money.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 6:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i used mine a bit with my first because she was born the end of november and i didn't wanna walk clear around to the dumpsters at the base of our apartments a few times a day to take a poopy diaper.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i just got mine on cragislist because it was cheaper
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My son is almost two and I still use mine. I bought in a garagae sale and love it. I often pick up the refills in yard sales two. It really does cut down on the odor.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I hated mine, I could never twist it quite right to keep it from smelling. Maybe mine was just a dud. LOL!
    twolilguysmom

Answer by twolilguysmom at 6:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• NO ITS NOT!!!U HAVE TO THEN BUY THE BAGS FOR IT.I HAD 1 FOR MY FIRST AND NEVER EVEN USED IT WASTE OF $
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I like the Diaper Champ because you can use regular garbage bags in it, but don't expect it to last more than about a year. After that, it doesn't do such a great job keeping the smells. The dollar stores carry scented diaper trash bags that work great too.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I also like the Diaper Champ. I just sanitize it with disinfectant when I change the trash bags. It was a hand-me-down that was used for about 2 years before it was past on to me and it still works just fine.
    haberdasher

Answer by haberdasher at 7:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I go to the dollar tree and for a dollar you can get 100 scented diaper trash baggies that do a better job because my diaper genie and I never got along. It still smelled horrible, and you have to use your hand to shove the diaper into the hole so you can get it down far enough to twist it when they get older. YUCK
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2008