McCain draws bipartisan criticism for 'robo calls'? Desperate mccain?

LAS VEGAS – Two senators in opposing political parties asked Republican presidential candidate John McCain to stop the automated phone calls that link Democratic candidate Barack Obama to a 1960s radical.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, and Sen. Susan Collins, a Maine Republican, made separate appeals to McCain on Friday. "These kind of tactics have no place in Maine politics," Collins spokesman Kevin Kelley said. "Sen. Collins urges the McCain campaign to stop these calls immediately."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• anon 5:16 that is because

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the rubes that the media has a liberal bias. ~ J. Alexander Gene .

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I am so glad for this shit to all be over
    Anonymous

• I am sick of this terrorist crap like Bush did and still does and now McCain. Don't these people have any issue to campaign on.
    Anonymous

• They have issues to campaign on but American voters don't want the truth they want to believe the lies and all the blue sky Ohblahblahblah has to say. Wake up America or don't I guess 4 years goes by fairly quickly.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad to see republican elected official denouncing this type of hateful behavior.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 4:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Depends on what the message says... If it states facts, then nope. I see no problem with questioning a Candidates past "relationships"; especially when the candidate has as many questionable "ties and Connections" as he does that have been involved with (and admitting) domestic terrorism, extortion, and discrimination. Either Obama has REALLY BAD LUCK, bad judgement, or picks his relationships based on HIS beliefs... Which is it? I am curious to know and see the facts behind each one... However, the media is so liberal, it's sad that they will show Sarah Palin as a beauty contestant before they will report any of these relationships
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Hateful behavior, hmm....wonder what that is all about.
    Anonymous

• If the media is so liberal why we haven't heard about this?
    "G. Gordon Liddy is a convicted burglar and domestic terrorist. He was also the host, in his home, for a 1998 fundraiser for John McCain's Senate re-election campaign. McCain was on Liddy's radio show in May 2007, where he praised Liddy's values and proclaimed himself proud of Liddy and his "adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great":
    Anonymous

• A Republican from Maine? Yeah I don't think so. Maine couldn't be any more of a blue state...sorry but I doubt they have any actual Republicans up there. Maybe a few RINOs but thats about it.
    Anonymous

• anon 5:20 so now you get to pick who you feel is a republican. you get to decided that you can only be a republican if you live in a cretain place. plese. SHE IS A REPUBLICAN, as are many maine residents.
    Anonymous