anyone know what's going on? adult content

i don't have health insurance as of now, and can't afford a dr. visit...
i had a baby about 6 months ago and just had my second period since, before each period started i got a really bad yeast infection. well, now that my second infection is gone, i have been really sore down there, almost raw feeling. last night i noticed that right where my undies sit, is really chaffed and starting to crack. i put some neosporin on the chaffing, and it seems a little better today. i am just worried though, i've never had anything like this before. neither me or dh have any STDs, we were both tested when i was prego with the baby. and we have only had sex a couple times since the birth, i tore and sex is painful. i shower everyday, i feel uncomfortable if i'm not clean. so, i'm not dirty or anything. could this be hormones? help please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Having you purchased any yeast infection over the counter product? If not try that. Also, I don't know what state you are in but here in Calif. that have a clinic called Planned Parenthood where you can go get help for free since you are definitely not in a financial position to pay anything. If not see if there are any free women clinics in your area.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Everyone is so anti medicaid, but you should look into it. I don't know if it differs state to state, but I had the MoHealthNet for Pregnant women, and it covers for a yr after baby's birth for birth control and OB visits. Could be worth while, sounds like you're doing the best you can, but it could be something fungal- make sure you and hubby changes undies if you're sweating during the day, that could help- not saying that's the problem, but I had something similar recently with the chaffing- hurt like hell and it itched too! I slept at night in a long shirt and no undies, put baby powder on it during the day, and desitin on at night! LOL I was desperate for relief but it worked!! Good Luck!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Is there a women's health clinic maybe? That could be an option, because this definitely doesn't sound like something you are going to be able to treat by yourself, at least not without finding out what it is first.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• U might want to get checked out it does sound kinda of serious. You may have tore and when u gave birth that might have something to with it b/c sex shouldn't be painful after u have the baby, but it depends how long did u wait until u had ur baby to have sex. B/c when I had my son 4yrs ago I was told not to have sex right after I had the baby.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• we waited 8 weeks before we even attemped sex and it didn't last long. but the chaffing isn't near where i tore, it's between that area and my thigh. and sex is only painful where i was stitched and the doc says i have to just stretch it back out. ugh. and i was on medi-cal but i was only covered until 60 days postpartum. and my dh makes too much for us to qualify for regular medi-cal. our kids do, but not us. which is stupid, he only makes $2000 a month for a household of 4 and he's the only one with an income. it doesn't make sense to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010