Would you file the legal complaint if adult content

Your child on day 2 of her first grade at school:

(*) Was forgotten by teacher and brought by another teacher to secretaries office

On her second day-
(*) was not allowed to take snack out of her lunch box, because there was lunch...and stayed hungry.
(*) Was the only tested for her reading proficiency

On her third day-
(*) My daughter cried when her teacher asked her write about her summer, because teacher 'yelled' at her that this is not enough. My daughter refused to write for a week or so.

Next week- my daughter was retested in reading and brought one level up. Yet, although given her level books, in front of other children was stated that my daughter only have a sight books.

On Tuesday the teacher stated that my daughter having hard time to adjust to class while taking out and resitting any girl that my daughter could make friends with.

I asked to change her class three times, but th

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in

• but the principal just ignored what i asked...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't know what legal grounds you have but you should definitely call your school systems superintendent and request a meeting with them, the principal and the teacher ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• damn straight I'd file a complaint! They "misplaced" my son- he was still 4 his first day of summer school- he's been with me since the day he was born- never babysat, never at daycare- nothing, but he was so brave going off to school. He went to go pee as the class got ready to leave- bathroom was in the classroom, the class and teachers left while he was in there and he couldn't get the classroom door open. Intentionally heavy door so kids can't just run off I guess, but for 40 minutes no one knew where he was and the principle brushed me aside pretty well saying I was in her way. His teached freaked when I found her and told her what was going on- she was the one to find him....anyways, point being- not all school give a crap, I'd go to the school board and the PTA- those groups can do a lot of good for you sometimes. Best of Luck, I'd be changing school if possible.. :(
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• School's superintendant is the director's best friend, as well as the teacher of the class ( they are partners with the director). It seems a lot of prejudice to immigrants and new comers....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would definitely take further action! they are trying to set your daughter up to fail and that is just not rite. i would also look into changing schools.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 2:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If you feel there's any kind of descrimination going on, I would definately be making some noise. I would demand she change classes or threaten lawsuit for the teacher harrassing your child and the principles lack of action.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You should recieve in you rpacket on the first day of school, somehwere in it, a written code of ethics for how the teachers will treat the children including not intimdating, humiliating etc... count off how many of these codes have been violated when you approach your superintendent and if you can't get their attention go to the state level.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The only way they are going to take you seriously is if you have all communications regarding a complaint done through your attorney. Find one fast -- we did not for the same reasons --- but with our attorney we got everything we demanded.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Well, I guess I am going to try the attorney....
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• School's superintendent is the director's best friend, as well as the teacher of the class ( they are partners with the director). It seems a lot of prejudice to immigrants and new comers....

Then go to the school commitee!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2010