if my daughter is swearing at me what should i do?

i called my daughters friend last night and i dont think it was right but i had to because she was swearing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• My mother NEVER let me get away with swearing at her. OMG she would become evil and intimidating. It is the only time she would ever get in my face as if she were ready to beat me down. She never did but 15 years later it still scares me so much that I will never try it again.

There ya go, become intimidating! She is being very disrespectful to the person that gave her life and you can take it right back!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I wouldn't freak out in front of her, she may be testing you. Just tell her it is not respectful and something is going to have to change, or you may have to do things like groundings, taking away things she likes. Just don't give in to her, she wants you to freak out that way she can freak out on you and it's only going to get worse
    Anonymous

• There are 8 kids in my family. Each one of us "thought" we could swear at our Mother. HAHAHA Fools we were. We were never spanked by our parents, but the minute we swore, she gave us a backhander right across the mouth. Each one of us got it once....bloody lip. And how stupid that each kid thought they'd be the one to get away with it. hahaha.
    My kids also did it once each....pop them the same way, no blood though.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yup, a smack to the mouth worked on me! I had more respect for my mom after that, because I realized that swearing at her was totally unacceptable and would not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. I tried it after my "friends" displayed that kind of disrespect to their mom in front of me. I didn't think about it at the time, but now I look back at can see what a horrible relationship my friend had with her mom. Very sad.
    Anonymous

• I know this is old days but....if she swears at you.....just walk away....go to the sink....put a little dish soap on your finger.....then walk back to her casually.......say something like...Hey let me see your teeth...if she shows you her teeth, say let me see your tongue....then.....BAM...outta no where...stick your finger in her mouth real quick....then ask her....How do you like that? Now curse at me again!!!.....LOL....but really don't show emotion about her cursing unless she is like calling you a b.....I noticed if I don't react to my kids cursing they don't curse so much. I do however jump my older girls...who are on their own when they come over because they say F this, F that and I tell them excuse me...knock it off...they stop.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• OMG....I am so EVIL...I swear after having 8 girls to deal with I've become this way....haha...You need any more tips just let me know...I'm full of evil stuff!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• What do you mean, you called her friend? Definitely don't let her cuss at you. If you let it slide, you'll lose respect in her eyes, believe it or not!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Pop her in the fucking mouth! Let her know that this will NOT be tolerated! She'll get worse and worse if you don't do something. You are her mother. You are in charge until she can take care of herself. Remind her of that. A few well aimed pops to the mouth taught me REAL fast that grandma (she raised me) was still in charge even though I was a teen.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• A slap in the face, are you serious? Do you know what would happen if your child reported you to anyone? CPS, DHS? You'd go to jail just like I almost did when my daughter reported me for spanking her YEARS AGO. It took us two years in court and I still have it on a DHS record. I'm not talking about a beating here I'm talking about a swat on the butt for lying, cheating, and stealing. I wouldn't recommend a slap in the face. I would recommend that you talk in a calm tone and tell them you don't speak to them that way and they will not talk to you that way. Then take priviledges away. In this day and age even if they desserve to be slapped you can't do it.
    Makata

Answer by Makata at 9:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I agree with the above post. My 13 daughter has told me she will call the police if i lay a hand on her. She is mouthy and disrespectful. I am going to try the soap in the mouth idea that stayhomemom22 posted.
    gopherswife

Answer by gopherswife at 11:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2008