How many negative tests did you get before you got a positive?

Just wondering because I'm six days late and already have received a negative pg test result and I'm not sure when I should take another.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would wait a couple days and try to take it in the morning
    stressedmommy88

Answer by stressedmommy88 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree wait a couple days and the first run to the bathroom in the morning lol then take it . i have never gotten a neg when i was pregnant tho i always got the positive
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i got a invalid negitive one morning and then tested a couple of days later and got a positive... just try not to stress out too much.. the homones may not be high enough yet
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I was always positive, but I waited a long time too (can we say denial LOL!)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I took 2 in one day 1 was neg 1 was pos. Then a week later took another positive.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• With my daughter I was in the hospital a week before I found out with a home pregnancy test and they did a blood test and It came back Neg. The Drs said it was probably a mix up, but with this baby I took a pregnancy test and it was negative then a week and 1/2 later I took another and it was positive. So wait a little bit longer and then if it is still neg go to the Dr and make sure it is not something else like ectopic pregnancy or maybe just stress.
    avery408

Answer by avery408 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I bought a 3 pack of HPT. i took them all in the mornings.The first on i took it said negative. then like three days later i took another one and it came back positive. well means i had a third test and i wanted to make sure if i was or not so a few days later i took the last one and it came back negative. so then i finally broke down and went to the doctor to find out for sure and it was a positive. It was kinda funny.

Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• With my 2nd pregnancy, I had a negetive test the day after AF was due, I waited a few days then re-tested and got a positive! Good luck to you.
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I took the pg test at the doctors. Well...actually I peed in the cup and then had them test it at the lab. The thing is...I peed first thing in the morning(8 am) and my appointment was at 10am. Could it have been a false negative because I waited two hours to test it?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008