Has your period changed after having a baby?

I just had my 3rd in april, and my period sucks worse then before. Before this one my period was every 18-21 days, for 7 days. Yes, a 7 day period, sometimes 8. How can it get worse you ask? Now my period is every TWO WEEKS, for 7 days. And the week before my period is what my husband and I call my "mean week", where I'm a total moody jerk to the kids and him. Every two weeks for a week. This sucks.
And no, I can't take BC, they make me psycho moody.

Rachell9503

Asked by Rachell9503 at 2:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• Mine didn't really change.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Mine didn't but for you it may take more time to adjust back to normal but it may never. I went on BC after a year so I would never have problems. I wish I had a better answer but going on the pill is the only thing doctors suggest to help with your situation. Since you are already have mood swings then it may eventually even everything out for you. You just need to give it a few months to adjust for you.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• mines didnt
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My periods were HORRIBLE after having kids. It was so bad that I got an ablation last year to destroy the inside of my uterus.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Mine is heavier after my 2nd but I am not on the pill I will go once I am not BF anymore. Mine lasts about 5-6 days in total. There must be something you can take to help. GL thats brutal, feel for you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• when i actually do have a period, its either really light or really heavy, there is no in between. And then for some reason, sometimes it will last 4-5 days, stop for a day or two, then start back up for a day or 2. Really weird
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes my period has gotten worse. The cramps don't seem to be as bad as they were before I had my son, but now my period lasts what feels like 10 days. I used to have periods that were about 4 or 5 days long, and they have now probably doubled in length. It sucks. :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010