What is something special you did for your teenager this week?

We get busy this time of year with changing our routine after summer school break is over. We have to make adjustments for schedules and after school activities. Plus still find time to hold down a job/ home and have time for each other. Our teenager's are under a lot of stress for their age. More than there should be. Have you seen how big one Text book is? How heavy their back packs are? They look so overwhelmed when they come home. What can we do for them to make them feel special?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• How many teenagers do you have?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• A lot of kids where I live don't carry backpacks anymore, choosing instead to buy one of those travel duffel bags on wheels or a luggage carry on with the extending handle and wheels.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Great idea. Will have to tell them. I just don't know how they do it these days....Anyway, I was giving us an eye opener to take time out and give them some time for something fun / special/ out of the ordinary.
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• you can take them out to lunch thats what i do for my sister....
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Our teens dont carry books. They have a text book to keep at home and another that they keep in class. All they carry is a binder.

Hummmm.... what have I done for them????  My 13 yr old was allowed to have 4 boys spend the night last night.  My 15 yr old... hummm... well I told her that I would help plan and drive a car load of kids for her bff's bday party next weekend (does that count??)

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• over labor day weekend we loaded up and took a pile of kids bowling...their choice.These were kids they don't see as much in the summer as some kids we see all the time.Kind of gives them time away from school to re-connect.It was a blast for us too.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• What have a done for my teens lately? Made sure that they were at the bandroom in time for the Friday night uniform call. ASSEMBLED over 50 marching band uniforms on the night before the game. (putting the right bottoms and tops on a hanger and in the correct uniform bag). Chaperoned almost 100 students in the stands on Friday night as the 8th graders from the 2 middle schools joined our HS marching band for the night. And this morning, I woke early and got my daughter IN UNIFORM to her spot with the band for our towns 300th Jubilee Heritage Parade and then drove to the drop off point, parked, and walked to the parade route to watch her march in the sun. THAT'S WHAT I DID FOR MY TEEN!! Doing something special is NOT what they will look back and appreciate - they will look back and appreciate the EVERYDAY STUFF!!! Trust me, that's what I remember MY parents doing - driving the band bus, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Take them shopping ,a movie,,, maybe dinner?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I gave him the money for his game. He need $15 and I gave it to him because he has been doing well in school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i bake them a special dessert or take them on a special outing...movies with their friends, a concert, shopping. my 15 year old son just came home with a stellar progress report and we got him the drawing tablet for Adobe that he's been saving his allowance for...
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 1:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010