is it possibe to get 4 negative results but still have the symtoums for pregnacy?

my partner and i have been trying for a while but it seems every time i take a test it alwyas comes out negative.... my partner and i are stuck please help me

Brooke507

Asked by Brooke507 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is possible to get 100 negatives on a pregnancy test and still be pregnant. The tests are looking for excreted HcG (human coloronic gonodatropin)... if you (for a great many reasons from thyroid problems to obesity, low excreting and genetic anomalies) don't excrete enough for the test to pick up, you can have many false negatives.

It is much, much more rare to have a false positive.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• how rare can they be?
    Brooke507

Comment by Brooke507 (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I took five pregnacy tests and all came out neg. I swore I was pregnant. I finally bought one of those cheap CVS ones, peed on it in the middle of the day, and left it on the bathroom sink thinking it would come out neg. I came back ten minutes later.....it was positive! I was almost 10 weeks along before I got a positive reading on a test. So yes, it is very possible!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 5:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had taken 3 test and all came out negative. But here I am, now 38 weeks pregnant :)
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 5:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• it is also possible to be having symptoms that aren't really there bc your mind is playing tricks on you and early pregnancy symptoms are very close to period symptoms
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• you better get your butt to the dr.!!!! my daughter just had to have emergency surgery due to a tubal pregnancy, it ended up rupturing in her!!! she had all the symptoms, she was 6 weeks along, but continued to have negative hpt's. then she started bleeding and thought it was her period, but it was internal bleeding! she gotr extremely sick, went to the ER, and, well, baby is a lil angel now! get yourself checked now!!!!
    greenhomebelle

Answer by greenhomebelle at 10:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes. Sometimes pregnancy tests are negative no matter how many times you take them. Check with your doctor asap, if you feel any symptoms
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2010