Why don't some want to be around a nice honest person? Would U Rather I B Mean?

I have been used, abused, and mistreated because I'm too nice, I'm told. One person said, "I'm mean to you because I know you'll forgive me." I've been fired from jobs for being too happy! One person said, "No one can be that happy all the time. You've got to be doing drugs." The Supervisor who had known me for years said, "No way." I still got fired! I just don't get it. I see people who are rude, crude, and mean being sought after. Always liking the villian... Why? Doesn't anybody want to be treated with respect and lovingkindness any more? Doesn't anyone want someone who's going to love them and accept them as they are, and be honest with them? Please tell me, am I crazy? What's up with that?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• No, you are not crazy. I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat. I am pushover but I don't have a mean bone in my body. Although I can get mad but it's because someone used me for my generosity. It seems Bitches win in the world today, sadly. But I just can't get myself to act that way. Which means having no decent friends, very difficult to find these days. I am glad I have my DH other wise I'd have no one. because I hate drama people...
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean and I have always had a back bone and I am not someone to hold my mouth shut one bit but treat people like shit I treat others how i want to be treated so if i treat you like a shit i expect you to treat me the same way a lot of my family calls me a fuffer nutter. I came off really hard on the outside but i am just a big softy on the inside.
    I to think that bitches and the ones that cause drama get the respect and us nice happy people get hung out to dry.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Well, at least I know I'm not the only one. At least I know its not all in my head and I'm crazy!!! I'm just going to have to come to terms that I'm an Original. Uniquely made for a few and not the many... I mean think about it. The sweetest, most loving man on this earth was killed because he healed the sick, restored the broken hearted, and gave hope to a lost world! If Jesus Christ was messed over, who am I to think its not going to happen to us nice people today? LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 4:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I prefer to be nice, but at the same time not be a doormat! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• this---I prefer to be nice, but at the same time not be a doormat! :o)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• What a sad world when one can't be a happy person without doing drugs...Do you live in the city? I've noticed urban areas are a bit more rewarding to the meanies...
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 12:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No. In fact we moved out of the big city thinking there would be less meanies. But with a small town comes more judgement and a narrower view of how things should be done or said! Such a bummer...
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 5:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2010