Should we legalize weed?

I asked this question back in 09' (finally got around to closing all my questions:))...and I am sure it has been asked 1,000 times but I am curious to see the views on it now...Last post had some really good both sided opinions..

Why/Why not??

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not a gateway drug. If that were true all the hippies in the 60'2 would be heroin addicts today. I absolutely think it should be legalized. It's a billion dollar industry that we could be taxing and making that money from instead of the drug dealers. To me it is no worse then alcohol. The people that are the most concerned about this would be the alcohol companies because they would have competition. I don't think it is right to abuse either but I think a bunch of people sitting around smoking a joint, compared to drinking alcohol is way less harmful. Scientifically it has proven to help with pain and nausea. I would also rather see someone smoking pot then hooked on painkillers, which is another epidemic in this country.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Once again, NO
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i dont care one way or the other but if they let it pass there should be a time limit on when they can drive like when you are drinking
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 8:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Its not really stopping people from getting to it anyways. May as well. Reminds me of Prohibition.

Aside from that Weed is a naturally growing plant that can be found in the wild, so conceivably one could cultivate and collect and wild plants they find and smoke it right there in the middle of nowhere with some friends. No one would be the wiser to it.

Teenagers have been doing the same thing with cigarettes and booze for years (going to a secluded place where no one goes). Same thing happening with weed only its adults doing it. May as well legalize it so the govt can at least regulate it and maybe make money off it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't think we should be regulating what adults put in their bodies.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yep, if cigarettes and alcohol are legal,so should cannabis. Do you know all the great uses for hemp? it would probably help the economy a great deal.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 8:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do not think that weed is some thing that needs to be made legal . It is a gate way drug and if it is made legal then that is just goin to give every one more access to it and there for it will be more dangerous for those who smoke it and for those who don't . I have always heard well weed has never killes any one . Well its not the weed that has killed any one it's the stupid people that smoke it and drive that has . And if it is made legal then how will we stop people from drivin under the influence of that ? I know and i understand that people drink and drive and they cause accidents but atleast drivin and driving is illegal . Thats why there are cab services and such a thing as a DD . Of course there not used as offnd as they should be which is said . The only way that weed should be made legal is if there are leagal actions that will be taken for those reasons .
    RedNeckChickCay

Answer by RedNeckChickCay at 7:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have to disagree... I don't think weed is a "gateway" drug... if anything ciggerates and alcohol are... I tried smoking ciggerates and drinking YEARS before I smoked weed ( as a teenager, don't anymore)...It is far less dangerous then ciggerates and alcohol, yet they are legal. There is also so much more to it then just smoking it... The illegalization of weeds prohibits the use of it for medical purposes and well as products made from it.. hemp, etc...There is NOT one documented death from weed, but millions for ciggerates and alcohol...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 7:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• why not itsmesteph11?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, for many reasons, all of which I'm sure you've heard before.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010