to use play yard or not

we live in an apartment and my dd , who is crawling now and too curious is driving me crazy. am planning to buy a playpen , but my hubby says its going to limit her movement( she hasnt mastered crawling yet). my dd is 8 months now and quite active.. should i buy one or should i wait untill she is older?

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 4:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get one now so she is used to being in it. For my children, we had toys in there that they could only have while in the play yard. They were fine with it, and I felt they were safe.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I just was having the same problem with my 5 month old. I didnt want to put him in one because he didnt have alot of room to roll around and I was afraid that he wouldnt learn to crawl if he was in it. I happened to have a friend who showed me something she purchased that her baby liked alot. Graco makes a bigger square pack n play called the TOT BLOCK. It is bigger than the regular pack n plays and has plenty of room to move around in. It is around $99. I got one and really like it, there is room for my son to roll around and play with toys. It folds just as small as the regular pack and plays too. We keep it in the living room and he plays in there in stead of rolling on the floor. Then I always know where he is and dont worry if I leave the room for a minute to check laundry of go to the bathroom. I think we got it online at Babies R Us.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Just let her crawl. What's the use of having one anyways? I bought one with DD and the only time I used it for her was when we would stay over at someone's house for her to sleep in, and I am not using the top bassinet part for younger DD. I never put my kids in it while they are playing, I just keep my house where they can't get into anything and get hurt.
    xxjadedhaloxx

Answer by xxjadedhaloxx at 11:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• thanks wood1980, just bought my daughter the play yard you recomended, so far so good. thanks:-))
    ashley387

Comment by ashley387 (original poster) at 4:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2010