Bed rest.....What to do?

How did you spend your time on bedrest? i'm going crazy!!!

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 4:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Jeez! I was going crazy when I was on bedrest. I read a couple books. I surfed the internet. I caught up on television shows I hadn't watched in a while. I played games online. I talked on the phone. I caught up on sleep because after that baby is born... you will wonder when you will get sleep again. Doesn't sound so great but I was on hospital bedrest for a month and a half with my friend child. Only allowed up for ten minutes and that was to shower! I was losing it!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oops I meant first child not friend child --- sorry for the typos!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• that's pretty much what i've been doing...but i'm getting BORED with it all!! i just want to get out of bed and do SOMETHING!
    Kainalu55

Comment by Kainalu55 (original poster) at 4:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Lol, I know the feeling. It is pretty miserable. Try to get your family to come visit with you.. or someone to play board games with you.... Eat, sleep, and doing nothing is pretty boring.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• How about stuff like sewing or knitting? Computer games? Puzzle books?
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Make a blanket, get scrapebooking stuff that will take up alot of your time. How much longer do you have. Just remember that all this time you have been off your feet is doing your baby well and you will be out in about in no time. Sleep, sleep, sleep trust me you will want all the sleep you can have cause it is a long road ahead of you the worst in the first few days home. You'll make it. Maybe it was just hard on me cause my hubby worked night shift so i had no one to do night feedings for me cause it was just me and the baby home.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes..i agree with you ajc88 when friends or family come for a visit that's always good..a change in the daily routine! i like board games, but my husband doesn't! so that's out.

MeAndLo...i think i should try some puzzle books...like crossword puzzles or maybe sudoku? haven't done those yet. As for sewing, i can't really sit up for long periods of time...most of my time is sent laying on my side...or laid back on the recliner.

i'm at 34 weeks right now..35 weeks on tuesday...so i'm gonna start walking around soon!
    Kainalu55

Comment by Kainalu55 (original poster) at 5:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I wanted to do some scrapping ~ and to learn something new. If I had planned ahead, I would have bought a video/computer learn a language program. Of course there are other things. Just don't push it and get up too soon.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my friend was studying all that time...
    innulik2000

Answer by innulik2000 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I haven't been through it but I think I would try to learn a new language.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2010