Do you have a Chicco Cortina travel system?

What are your reviews on it?

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 5:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I purchased the Cortina travel system in Romantic ( Black and Grey). We bought ours in Febuary and had our son in April. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. Chicco is one of the safest on the market. When I bought this it had one of the higher weight ratings, it is for infants up to 30lbs. Graco has the Snugride that goes up to 35, it wasnt on the market yet when I bought the Chicco otherwise I probably would of got it instead. I ended up having a baby that is very large for his age, he is already 22lbs at 5 months. If I would have went with a carseat by any other maker my son would already be too big for the seat because most of them only go to 22lbs. The straps never tangle and the buckle is easy to use. The only bad thing about this seat is that alot of people have complained that the carseat cover makes their baby really sweaty, I have the same problem. I put a thin receiving blanket behind him and it helps alot
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• CONTINUED FROM LAST POST:
    The stroller is really nice too. I keep it in the trunk and use it for going to the mall. There is plenty of room for the diaper bag underneath. The stroller seems really comfy for my son, and the headrest is nice because his head doesnt hang over when he falls asleep. At about 3 months he could sit in the stroller comfortably without the carseat. The umbrella on the stroller does an awesome job of covering your baby, when the carseat is in it your baby will be completely enclosed and kept dry even in the pouring rain. I think If I had to choose again I might have gone with the Graco Sugride 35. The padding on them looks softer and less sweaty than the Chicco and it is a bigger seat so it will last longer. I am not sure what the crash test ratings are for Graco, since safety is the most important I would go with whichever is safer. Good luck!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do not have one yet, but that is what we registered for. We looked at many different ones and did research and the name Chicco kept coming up, so we had one picked out for boy and one for girl. When we found out we were having a boy, we registered for that one. We were able to play with them in the store and that was the easiest to use over the Graco and the rest Babies R Us had. We love the look and feel of it and the ease of folding it.
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. It is so easy to use and the stroller is great size for storage. Cons- large, getting another base if you want for another car is very expensive. I highly recommend it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010