Homemade Speghetti Sauce?

Recipes please! :) I have never made it homemade and would love to! I need some good recipes!

Mom2JesserFly

Asked by Mom2JesserFly at 4:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You need to try this...from my myspace blog, it's a recipe from my mom and grandma.

Recipe: Spaghetti
    Current mood: hungry

Spaghetti Sauce

In a large pot brown 1 lb ground beef and ½ chopped onion

Add 2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and 1 tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves or so)

When that mixture is thoroughly cooked, add two 15 oz cans of tomato sauce, one 8 oz can of tomato sauce, and one 6 oz can of tomato paste. I always use Hunts. Stir till well-blended.

Next add 1 tbsp dried oregano and 2 tsp sugar. Stir in.

TURN THE HEAT DOWN LOW! You will be simmering 30 minutes to an hour, and you don't want it to burn, but you do want it to simmer.

Stir occasionally.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• That sounds good! I'll have to try that! Thanks!
    Mom2JesserFly

Answer by Mom2JesserFly at 10:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• allrecipes.com
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 3:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i have a great EASY recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce.....brown onions and mushrooms and ground beef in your saucepan....add one can diced tomatoes, fill that can back up about half way with water and then add that, then add one small can of tomato paste....add oregano and basil and let boil for about 30-45 minutes...it's amazing!!!!
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008