Chemical Pregnancy

So..I had a chemical pregnancy recently and someone told me that I had no right to grieve, that it was not a real miscarriage. But even though I was 6 weeks along, I felt attatched to this baby already and I am grieving. A chemical pregnancy is when the woman gets a positive test b4 her period is missed, then has her period. In my case, my period was late, but both a HPT and blood test were positive, but nothing on ultrasound after I had my period. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went through the same thing a month before i got pregnant with my son, my sister in law thought i was crazy for crying b/c she has a miscarriage at 4 month along and thought hers was more justifiable but it's still a baby, even if it didn't have a chance to attach to the uterine wall it was still a baby, the spern and egg united and formed that precious life.... *hugs* i hope everything goes well for you
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'm sorry, it's still a loss and you have every right to grieve.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You absolutely have the right to grieve. My friend had one recently as well and she too had really gotten excited about the idea of a baby. At the end of the day , you were pregnant, you lost that baby, and you have the right to grieve....
    muptgirl23

Answer by muptgirl23 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Who is anyone to tell you what you should or should not grieve over? If you feel you have lost something, whether it be a person, an object, a plan, an idea, etc... you have every right to grieve.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2010