Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

My sister in law left her husband

I could use some answers if any one might know . My sister in law left her husband and moved to Alabama and since then they have gotten a devorce but there youngest daughter is in the middle of her n her father . The father has been bad mouthing her to there kids and every one that lives around us . Every time she wants to see her daughter her x husband comes up with some reason why she can't see her . Is this legal ? And what i the best thing to do ?

Answer Question

Asked by RedNeckChickCay at 7:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • She needs to get a lawyer. If she got visitation in the divorce. He is wrong for keeping the DD way from her/the mother. She needs to go back to court.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • Thank you very much thats what i told her but she is working 2 jobs and don't have much time but i told her that her kids come before any thing . I know my son does . I just wasnt sure if the custody laws in Alabama compared to Pa. laws were different or not . But thank you again . And have a nice day .

    Comment by RedNeckChickCay (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • So her ex would be your brother?

    Answer by Zoeyis at 7:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • if theyre not married then unless he has a legal custody agreement she gets the kids

    Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • She def. needs to seek an attorney... are their any custody agreements set? If not, legally she can go an visit/take her kid whenever she feels... he has no legal right to keep her from them as long as she isn't precived (sp) as a danger to them... i am not 100% on this though, it may vary state to state...

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.