Does your age difference have an effect on your relationship?

Ten years older than my husband, didn't phase us then and doesn't seem to now. Only music and tv shows date us but otherwise it isn't much of an issue... yet! I do get concerned sometimes I'm more conservative than I used to be, I don't like the car stereo bumping loud in the neighborhood but hey, I just pretend it's not him! ha ha
Do you have an age difference? Is there in impact on your relationship?

notjustamom380

Asked by notjustamom380 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• not really but when it comes to experience such as taking care of bills or being financially savy he is lost. my husband is younger and he has never lived on his own and never took care of things on his own cause he had his parents helping him. so since i'm more experienced in the financial stuff and housing markets, mortgages and ownership of vehicles. kids or just had more world experience them him overall. thats the only difference. sometimes it's like having a 4th child but at least i can teach him in my ways. he is the best ever though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My SO is 13 yrs older then me and the age difference dont phase us,we still love each other,he has more aches and pains then he use to but I still love him and intimacy aint what it use to be but he is good to me so I cant complain.
    Anonymous

• I'm 5 years older than my fiance. He's more mature and responsible than any other guy I've ever dated or my ex husband, so I rarely think about it. I have an 11 year old, and think its kinda strange that when I was 11, he was only 6, and stuff like that, but that's about it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My husband is 7 years older than me... and he is not nearly as mature as me. LOL.... Its not really an issue with us. Though sometimes I like to call him an old man. It seemed to be more of an age gap when I was 18 and he was 25... now its 23 and 29... so not a big thing.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• the only problem we had is when i was 19 and he turned 21... i couldnt go to the bars with him... since i turned 21 i still cant go with him cause i am pregnant but we will be going out soon enough i tell him...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My husband is 9 years older and 9 years less mature.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 5:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Omg I am the same way with njmommy2boys. My hubby is 9 1/2 years older and 91/2 years less mature..lol I meet hime when I was 19 and he was 29. Been together got 10 years now =)
    SolerMom

Answer by SolerMom at 6:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i had a 13 year age difference (i'm the younger) in a serious relationship lasting a year (the guy before my now husband)... there were a few things that really stood out (a daughter only 10 years younger than me) but for the most part it was like any other relationship where you just find things you both like and compromise. Age just wasn't really an issue with us.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My husband is 41 and I'm 31. Maturity wise we meet at about 36. I keep him up to date on new stuff and he educates me about old stuff. Our little joke: He may have robbed the cradle, but I'm robbing the grave.
    Babujai

Answer by Babujai at 6:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008