What do you think?

So, my DH and I are blessed, we both have great jobs and whatnot. However, he wants me to quit and be a SAHM. I'm not keen on this idea, I enjoy my job and sanity.
Well, I was just promoted and will probably will start traveling and again, he doesn't like this idea because he will have to help out. Last night, he basically told me that if I start traveling he would call my boss and tell him I had to quit. Yes, I know he can't do that, but still...it's just the point.
And it bothers me so much that he would say something like that, that I'm really thinking about leaving him.

I just don't know, he keeps pushing and pushing me to quit. I just don't want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Well that sounds like a very controlling husband and I would only quit if I wanted to. I'm not sure I would stay either but you 2 might want to try counseling 1st and see if that gets you anywhere. He sounds like he just doesn't want to have to help then it would take away from whatever he wanted to do.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would tell him that if he wanted a stay at home parent he can quit his job and take care of the kids and the home...
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Don't give up your job, it sounds like a good one and also one where you can be promoted. Always stay as independent as you can. You never know what's going to happen next in a marriage and good for you to be able to take care of yourself and children. So often I read on here about girls that hubby's leave they have no money or place to go. Don't get into that position hon. Stay true to yourself. Good luck.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• ww i would never leave my husband over a job if he thinks hes secure enough to make it wit just him workn so let it b n be a stay at home mom ur children grow up fast before u know it thell g grown n have to move on n u lost out on them growing cus u chose to work..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• STAND your ground!! My hubby complaind about that too... BUT i told him to get over it!! If U enjoy working & whatever u do, dont ever let hubby controll u! he will get over it & deal with it, or he will have to go!! lol
    Sharon Ann L.

Answer by Sharon Ann L. at 9:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Don't give up on your own career.. In the end you have to do what's best for yourself and your children. He obviously doesn't care to much for your own opinions and feelings...

I had to quit my job in June and been a SAHM... it has it's momments but I think I'd MUCH rather be working!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't care who it is....NEVER let someone talk you into doing something you do not want to do!! You will forever regret it and be unhappy you let someone make your choices in life! Be strong and stand your ground.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• He doesn't like the idea because "he will have to help out?!!" You work full time and he's not helping now?! What does he do for a living? If he's against putting the kids in daycare, maybe he should consider being the one who stays home with the kids. If you don't want to quit, making that sacrifice to save your marriage is only going to lead to resentment of your husband, the kids...it sounds like you know yourself and what feels right. I'm not recommending you end your marriage, but there are definitely some huge issues you two need to work through. I let my ex husband control me for 25 years, and honey, believe me, I am the poster child for hurt and resentment.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 3:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'm sorry mama. You need to tell him he married you knowing you loved your job and working. If he wants a stay at home parent for the kids then he can be one. He sounds very controlling. Tell him if you truly loves you and wants you to be happy then he'll back of on this whole SAHM gig and let you work.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Seriously?! You are considering leaving him because he wants WIFE & A MOTHER TO HIS CHILDREN?! You are pissed because he wants ou to be around?! You are being ridiculous.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010