What is so great about football?

I don't get it... the uniforms are ridiculous, the name doesn't make sense because the foot is hardly ever used, the players are over-paid criminals and what's the big deal about throwing a ball, another person catching it and then knocking everyone out of the way to cross a line? It's barbaric, stupid and I'm actually embarrassed that this is the sport that represents the US.

I live in Football hell- surrounded by Steelers, Brown and Bills fans. I detest football season because that's all anyone cares about. The fans are absolutely obsessed to the point where they become brain-dead morons who shout angrily at the tv while wearing jerseys with ketchup and salsa stains on them, and cease to pay attention to anything or anyone else unless the word football is uttered.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son and grandsons play soccer---now THAT is a sport I appreciate.
    I feel exactly the same about football. Just a bunch of oversized guys in padded uniforms crashing into each other and ccasionally one will get a chance to run a few yards before a mob of the other team falls on top of him,crushing his voyage to the end zone. Borrrrrring.
    I am surrounded by Vikings and Green Bay Packer fans. INSTEAD of watching them, I watch a good sitcom or a movie from Netflx.
    Really....football is overrated.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It's an exciting, strategic, contact sport!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It's awesome.. your un-American so I wouldn't expect you to get it......... ahahahahaha
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• That my son plays it!! Football is AWSOME!! GO KC CHIEFS & Hickman Cougars!!
    Sharon Ann L.

Answer by Sharon Ann L. at 9:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I like football...i dont love it, which makes me a minority around here. I live in BAMA country! Roll Tide Alabama!!!

Even most of the women in our state are seriously all about football!

What I dont understand is GOLF! My dh acts like its the only thing to do on a free day! I HATE IT!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• To each his own ... the same negative things can be said about many sports.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• We LOVE football, My kids play, me & my husband play flag football, We LOVE the steelers. It's a great way to spend time with your kids, we go to college games ( GO PITT & OSU!!) and we go to nfl games, plus our own kids games. In the fall its all we do eat, sleep & breathe it! Not everyone sits on their couches stuffing their faces & screaming obsenities at the tv ( wait i take that back i did when the browns beat the steelers lol).
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• lol, I know what you mean. My DH is a major college football fan! I like college better than pro football though. It is a lot more about the game then, before they start making all the money! I still can't figure out why so many ppl love football, I just think it's ok.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 10:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• JuLiAnSmOmMy317... good one! lol wink mini

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• wink mini

mom2two- I'm in Georgia, about a 10 min. drive from Alabama, haha yes they are VERY serious about their football down here!!

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010