has anyone here had high cholestrol?

what did you do to make it go down? what are some of the foods you ate?and how long does it take to go down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I have a high cholesterol count, I have to take a med and stay away from fatty foods. It never goes away, some people are prone to get it from genetics, but you can control it.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My husband has High Cholestrol because he is missing a gene. His is under control with Lipitor and Niaspan. We don't eat perfectly but we do our best.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Beside prescription medications and low fat diet, over the counter fish oil capsules will help control it as well.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i dont
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I did - I was put on medication to lower it - I really don't like taking something that can possibly damage my liver or kidneys - so I started taking Vitality Oligofructose vitamins last August - since then my doctor has reduced my medication by half and is anticipating taking me off it totally :) My mom also had high cholesterol and had been on Lipitor for many years - she also started taking the vitamins and has been taken off or her medication! These are amazing vitamins - they even offer a 90 day challenge - try them for 90 days and if you don't experience greater endurance, and improved overall wellness - send back the empty bottles for a full refund. I not only feel better but my cholesterol and my blood pressure are improving!! ( I have always been a vegetarian - so meat is not a factor in either)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2010