Gay children, What would you do? adult content

So just out of curiousity since I am what you call pansexual (open to love with NO limits AT ALL) and this is a big topic, If your child grew up to tell you he/she was gay/lesbian/bi-sexual, how would you react? Now, I am not trying to have any drama on this question. This is not for opinions and disagreement with eachother, I just want to know what you would do in that situation. We can discuss this politely and agree to disagree with one another like mature adults. I personally would be fine with my daughter telling me so. I'd probably give her a high five and tell her "right on girl" lol. My mother, she has no problem with other people in same sex relationships, just me. She hates it with a passion and will not discuss it. She tells me to just stop being open to everybody but men.

b_pacheco

Asked by b_pacheco at 10:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would be very bothered by it. I don't care what people do behind closed doors but just wish it would stay behind the doors. And my kids, well its just not something I could handle lightly.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• as long as their happy and their partenr was good to them i wouldn't care
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I just want to know if your dd came to you and said "mom I only want to date white me" would she get that same high five...just wondering.

I do not support the life style...sorry, but I LOVE my kids. I have told them a million times, there is nothing they can do to make me NOT love them!!!

They would know my stance, then I would drop it, if they were adults especially. I cant let my principals go, but I of course WILL NOT let my kids go over it either!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• *white men...
    mom2twobabes

• Uhhh..... the same thing I'd do with any of my children. Sexuality doesn't change anything.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Race has nothing to do with sexual preference but I do appreciate everybody's input and respect it.
    b_pacheco

Comment by b_pacheco (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If my child told me that they only wanted to date white men or women I wouldn't care. That is their choice. I have 2 white little boys, they can marry whoever they want! Another man, a woman, white, black, Mexican, Chinese, Jewish...I don't care. Just be happy and in love.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would absolutely be accepting of it and i would be saddened for my child at the same time because they are going to more than likely endure a tough life because many people in this country will ridicule them and "pray for them" and try to change them because they don't see it as an appropriate lifestyle because it doesn't fit into their "box" somehow. i would also continue to advocate for gay marriage rights because i would want to know that if someday my child fell in love that they would be able to be get married and be recognized by the state as a married couple with their chosen same sex spouse specifically because just living together and being committed does not give them the same legal access and benefits as being married does
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I just specified a gender and race....just b/c, no reason...but you didnt answer......would she get a high five if she said this too?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010