how often does a child die from whooping cough?

my child was a preemie and has had a horrible cough for months, doctors said she had asthma and now she was diagnosed with whooping cough. i'm just concerned because i know there's a chance she could get pnemonia now that the weather is getting cold.

dlwspr

Asked by dlwspr at 6:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get tea tree oil and put in a humitafire or vaperizer it will help with the whooping cough i had it when i was 7 and almost died
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 6:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Did you vaccinate?
    Anonymous

• Read this, it says 300,000 die a year from it, mostly unvaccinated children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pertussis
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Wow. I didn't know kids died from whooping cough. I vax'd my kids just because I know how hard it is to have whooping cough.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Be sure to update your own vaccine. The easiest way is to get the DTP shot every 10 years when you need to renew your Tetanus shot (the T part of DTP). Whooping cough actually kills more adults in this country than kids.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• OMG. I am sooooooo glad my kids are vaccinated then!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I know is post is from October 2008 but was wondering how your daughter is doing now? My son got sick in Jan 09 was dx with Asthma in March and finally found out he had whooping cough in April. We are 6 month later now and he is starting to have trouble with a cough/ shortness of breath again was wondering if this could be residual from the whooping cough. Is this normal? Also is whooping cough a one time disease or can he get it again? Thanks for any information or your experience with it.
    novaxmom67

Answer by novaxmom67 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2009