Have you heard of letterboxing?

It's kind of like geocaching. Someone hides a box with an ink stamp in it and you find it and stamp their book and stamp your with their stamp. No GPS involved.
We found our first box yesterday! Very exciting.
atlasquest . com has lots of boxes listed in most areas.

Asked by komby at 10:29 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in

• no

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have and I went to the letterboxing website and there was one in my area and we went to look for it but never found it. = ( This was a few months ago but this fall we plan on trying to find some more and creating our own.

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• sounds fun!

Answer by greenhomebelle at 10:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• This is awesome. I went to the website to see if there were any new ones near us but the closest one was in Atlanta. We are going to Atlanta today so I looked and found a "clue" puzzle where I had to answer questions and unscramble to find the starting location. The starting location is exactly where we are heading to in Atlanta today. I guess we will be starting back with our letterboxing today.

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oooh, neat.

Answer by makelineerror at 10:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• sounds like fun!

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sounds like a lot of fun. We've done geocaching and enjoyed it. I think we'll give letterboxing a whirl, too. THANKS for sharing!!!

Answer by DivaDynamite at 11:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am so lost.

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

Next question in

Next question overall (Baby Names)
What do you think of the names we've chosen?