can they take your son away if you are not working but living with your parents and the are helping you out?

my cousin was telling me hsi ex gf (the mom of their son) had told him to go pick up my nephew because they were ging to take him away and put him in a foster home because she wasnt working so if he wanted to go get him or they wuld take him. acording to her it was because she wasnt working but my cusin is gving her money for my nephew she keeps demanding more and his already giving her 200 a week so a month she is getting about 800 dollars for my nephew. ( they didnt go to court the just came to the agreement) she loves to party and now my cousin isnt able to go gt him eery weekend so he goes every other week since he has to work mandatory. so she got mad (she got a new bf now and spend all her time with him she called me the other day so i could babysit my nephew for the whole weekend because she was going to stay over his house. so im thinking if thye were really going to take him away dont they need proof or something

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I don't have any idea girl. All of it sounds a little shadey (on the ex's part). If I were your cousin, I'd get proof that she doesn't want him and go and get him. And then get a lawyer and show the proof that she doesn't want him and get a custody agreement set in place.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:37 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't think they can take him just b/c of that. As long as he's being taken care of she should be fine.
    They may take him b/c she's such a party girl, but I think there is more going on that you do not know about.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• In our Country they can't take babies from mom ever . if the mom will agree that's different case
    fight for ur kids dear
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• the state wont but the dad can if he is working and the mom is not. atleast where i am.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would tell him to go talk to a lawyer...a lawyer will know all the laws of the state and know if he can take his son...if there is no custody agreement in court, i would say to go get one, otherwise its just a lot of fighting
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sounds like she's saying that to scare your cuz into taking the baby full time. Seems like she doesn't want to be responsible, your cousin should look into getting custody.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yeah your cousin should talk to the lawyer and go to court and petitiion for custody. with out it in legal she can say and do whatever. there are holes in the story obviously but the best way is to take of everything legally so there are no he said she said crap. its for the best interest of the kid. the child needs a stable loving environment to grow.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sounds like to me, she is telling him that because she doesn't want the child around. Sorry but its true. The state isn't going to take away a child because the mother isn't working. It doesn't work like that.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No they can't. Your child is being taken care of.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• They cant take him just because of that for the simple fact that all his needs are being met
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2010