positive or neg? Please answer....

I took a test today, my period was to be here yesterday.... it has two lines. One was bright and one was very very faint. 2 lines means pregnant but i'm wondering if maybe i'm justing seeing the second line that is so faint just b/c its under there and on the test.... Does that make any sense? Do u this its pos or neg??? We have been trying....

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant, the line was so faint that I almost couldn't see it. :) Congrats, sounds like you're pregnant!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• really?? thats how i feel, its so faint i almost cant see it!!
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• pos.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• sounds like its pos i would take another one and see what it says but even if the line is fant its a pos
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Honestly, at this point it could be either one. I know you want to know now, but I would wait a couple of days (or maybe even about a week) and take another test.

Also, take it first thing in the morning, and don't do the whole "drink a bunch of water to make myself have to pee" thing, because that could mess up the results.

Because basically, the way a pg test works is that it tests for an enzyme that's only in your urine when you're pg. Any amount of it in your pee means you're pg, but it's possible - especially early in your pg, for there to not be enough "buildup" of it in your system yet for the test to detect it.

(Why it's way more likely to get a false neg than a false pos.)

gl - I hope you get the results you want :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• sailorwife- it was fist thing in the morning, so maybe i just dont have enough hcg to make the line darker??
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Honestly, that's what it sounds like to me - since you said that you're only late by a day, your body would still be in the early stages of building up the enzyme.

I would go with you're pg, but at the same time, I would take another test in about a week, just to make sure :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'm going to go with your pregnant as well.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Faint or not, it's there. I tested while only 2 weeks preggy and got the faint line. It is very rare to get a false positive. Get a blood test done just to be sure though.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Its postive! When I took my pregnancy test the line was so faint I thought I was fooling myself. I asked hubby did he see it and he did. So to be sure I waited a week and got a strong positive, so as long as it didn't sit too long I believe you are expecting! Congrats!!
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 12:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010