Now that we are parents, are you still as athletic as you were as a youngster?

I am in much better shape than I was 20 yrs ago, but I didn't look bad in high school either. But in between was a nightmare. I think I was more athletic in school, now I just do it b/c I don't ever want to gain the weight back

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lord no, i was more athletic in school...i had all the free time in the world, played basketball and softball but after i had my ds it's been hectic with 2 kids and no time for myself AT ALL i have noone to keep them while i go to the gym so i try to workout at home,,,10 pounds to go but it's still alot of work
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When I was a teenager, I was very very thin, but I was never athletic and I wouldn't say I was ever in shape. Now that I'm in my 30s, I am not nearly as thin and could stand to lose a few pounds, but I would say I'm in better shape. I'm much more active now that I have kids. I don't sit in an office all day, and there's a lot we do together as a family. All four of us are taking martial arts classes, something I never would have done when I was younger.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No not active any more don.t seem to hav the time
    jennyjennbug

Answer by jennyjennbug at 11:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Absolutely! I am way more athletic now than I ever was as a teen.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• way more athletic- except I used to be on the swim team. those workouts are AMAZING! hopefully in a year or two the kids will know how to swim/be in swim classes so I can get some workout time in the pool back for myself:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I will be 61 this month and I am in better shape that I was as a teen!

Answer by older at 11:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I am more athletic than when I was younger. I was always tired as a teen mainly because I was eating typical crappy food teens love. I was thin and very active just a bit more sluggish than I am now. As an adult I eat healthy, exercise daily and overall have a better outlook on life.  At 40 I could run circles around my 20 something self and I am pregnant.lol

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 12:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010