Can the Nuvaring make me skip a month?

My last AF was Aug. 24th....I started on the nuvaring then but was only on it for about a week or so and didn't like it so took it out. I still haven't had my AF and had some pregnancy symptoms. On Oct. 1st I went in and had a blood pregnancy test and it was negative. My doctor said to wait like 2 weeks and if you still haven't gotten you AF to test again. So Monday I took a test and it came back positive. Do you think the nuvaring messed me up enough to where I skipped a month and I just got pregnant or should I go off of my last AF? I see my doctor on Wednesday but just wanted to know what any of you think on this.

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know pregnancy tests rarely have false negatives, so assume you're pregnant. I have no idea what Nuvaring can do to your body, but I know once you stop birth control, your chances of getting pregnant right away are pretty good.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 6:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• It can take up to a month for BC to regulate through your body and be affective. So in other words that one week you were on nuvaring you probally weren't protected and probally concieved then.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 7:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I know that everyone is different but when I got pregnant with Ty were we trying so I know exactly when I could get pregnant and when I would get my period. So the day after I missed my period I took a test and it was negative. So I just went along and the next month still no period and I just thought it was stress of trying to have a baby. But after 10 weeks and no period I took another test and it was positive. Well my OB gave me a due date from when I last got my period. I had to go to my PCP and he was an ass and told me that pregnancy test are never wrong and he knows that I will be having this baby at least a month later than I think. Long story short but my son was born on his own the day after his due date! So yes the test could have been wrong and it could be that you got pregnant while on the ring. Sure it wasn't planned but a new baby!
    luckystar8131

Answer by luckystar8131 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008