Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What should I do?

My husband has a sharp pain in his shoulder that won't go away, no matter how much he has me rub it, and no matter how much bengay or other muscle relief stuff we put on it. I've told him I'm going to get him in to see the dr, to get a referral to the chiropractor. Is that the best thing I can do, or is there something else someone here can suggest? Please help, he's really in pain.

Answer Question

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 11:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

Level 16 (2,528 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • i have the same problem but it's b/c i dislocated my shoulder a few years ago and it made the arthritis worse, i don't reccomend a chiropractor b/c it could be a pinced nerve let his doctor decide what to do, they will proball need to do an xray 1st

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • see the doc dear ! he's the best one who will advice right what to do ;)

    Answer by caramelH at 11:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • Maybe try something like Excedrin? I agree with josiesmommy00 about not going to a chiropractor.

    Answer by xxjadedhaloxx at 11:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • I have many friends who have been damaged from taking a problem to a Chiropractor. Yes---see a Doctor. It could be a torn rotator cuff at the very least. Google 'shoulder pain" and see what else it could be and then have him see a Doctor.

    Answer by gertie41 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • Take a muscle relaxer, a steam shower then do the rub down. For a little bit of information sometimes pain are not really the actual place that is in pain or tight. So working on the whole body with some baby oil may help. Remember because he's in pain just to be be careful and soft hands at first.. deep penetration of that muscle may be very hurtful. I hope this helps other than a dr. would be good just in case.

    Answer by Dariensmom1 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • I am a Chiropractor and I cannot believe the fearful negative statements I am reading here from people who "heard" bad stories about us(not even personal experiences)! Hmm funny but there are no bad stories of Medical doctors being ineffective with musculoskeletal problems? I hear these every day-all the medical profession can give you is pills & surgery! It depends on the location of the pain-a sharp pain in the shoulder usually and commonly comes from misalignment of the Humerus or Clavical (collar bone). It can also be the Bicipital tendon which is right in the front above the biceps muscle. Ice will help but the misalignment can be very painful & disabling. Get a recommendation from a friend for a good Chiropractor and have him take a look at it, it is the quickest best way to get better!

    Answer by drsally at 1:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

  • yeah see a dr

    Answer by mekarevell at 7:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.