calling the cops??

There was a question on here the other day about young neighbors being a little loud and disturbing a family-before 10 pm. Almost everyone's reonse was to call the cops- would you try to discuss the problem with them before calling the cops, they may not even know they're disturbing you and won't that set the tone for all future inter actions?? So, would your first response be to call the cops??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope I wouldn't call the cops first. Id try to talk to them about it. If its the question Im thinking about, it was a bunch of YOUNG guys, they dont think about things like sleeping children & that, they think about fun.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Honestly, All the cops are going to tell them is to quiet down. Its worth a shot to try yourself before getting the authorities involved. They have better things to do anyways... I would probably ignore the issue all together, unless it was keeping my dd up.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i'm 100% agree with you skittles1108 , i red that question too and my point of view is to talk to the neighbors first and be friendly , probably they'll change there attitude , why use Police for some misunderstanding
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• talk to the neighbors first
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would talk to them first if it were adults. If they didnt listen then i would call the cops.. If it were young kids i would call the police the first time. most young kids being that loud arent willing to listen, or will cause problems.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Here is the thing, it is NOT the first time this has happened. We have talked with them several times over several instances. Each time we were nice and they responded nicely too BUT they continue on. I did not call the police however, my husband is an officer and he has gone over in uniform (right before he left for work), because they had blocked his car in. We have gone to the association about them but they don't want to do anything right now because voting time is near and they don't want to lose votes. Once voting is finished, and the new officers are in or the old ones are there to stay for another year then I am hoping they will do something. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Cont... Until then, my husband and I have both agreed that if they either park in our parking space or block our cars again, then we will have them towed. If they continue on with the loud noise after 9 pm on a school night (which is a city ordinance I found out), then we will call the police and have them deal with it. I have been nice but obviously nice is not cutting it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• as you described it .... no I would not call the police as my first reaction.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• jeremysmom- I was not critisizing you at all, I was just suprised to see how many peoples reaction was to just call the police before even trying to talk with them
    skittles1108

Comment by skittles1108 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would talk to the neighbors first. The police would be there if it was after a certain time, but certainly not 10 or before.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 12:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2010