Is this normal after having a baby? adult content

I had a c-section 7/21/2010 and ended up with MRSA after wards and was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. My baby is almost 2 months old and I have not started my period yet, and I have been having some light bleeding some days, as well as some brownish discharge. Is this normal? I was thinking part of it may be my body still healing from the infection that I had. Any input would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• i was told the brownish discharge was old blood.. and u breastfeed ur period might not come back for a good while.. With both of my children i had c sections and had some brownish discharge.. And i didnt get my period until they were almost 3 months
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i meant IF you breastfeed sorry
    chrstny88

• if you are breast feeding you won't get your period for a long time, still doesn't mean you can't get pregnant though
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My dd is almost 7 months old and I am still waiting for my period. I am bfeeding- but I still end up taking a preg. test just about every 2-3 weeks because I am nervous about being pregnant.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• c-sections make everythiing a little late i think and mine is so light now that i only get one every other month

don't freak out yet but you can call and ask your dr if your really concerned
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• call ur dr and ask to rest ur mind.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010