how long can a boy and girl share a room?

I think by the time the oldest is in school they need their own rooms so by 5?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• For me, I don't think they should share a room past the age of 5, but sometimes it can't be helped.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When they start needing/wanting privacy. Between 8-10. But some times for financial reasons they have to share a room. Then you just put a sheet up to seperate the room.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i think better each one on his own room , but maximum age could be 7
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Until they no longer want to share.
    My older son and middle daughter shared until we moved last month. They are almost 9 and almost 8 and have been sharing a room for the last 3 years (and most of that time their older sister was in there, too). My son had just started asking for his own room this past summer. Now he'll have to share with his baby brother (he's 2 months right now). He'd probably prefer to share with one of the girls so he doesn't have to keep all his little toys picked up and away from the baby.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• In Wisconsin, it is when the oldest turns 5 (if different sex children). For same sex, they don't have to stop sharing until they ask to stop sharing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Wow Wisconsin actually has a LAW that states 5 years? What if the family only has ONE bedroom available for both kids? My DD and son share a room and will for a few years. With the housing market we are not going to be able to sell for a while. It's a 2 BR home. My DD loves sharing with baby brother right now. I figure we'll do bunk beds when he is ready to leave the crib.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think Texas actually has a law about it too. And I think it is around 5 or so, the time they start school. My son and daughter shared a room (they are 16 months apart) until right before she started school when she was 5. We moved into a bigger house when she was about 4 and that is when they got their own rooms.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• in ohio if you rent an apartment and have a boy and girl by law there has to be 3 rooms or you cant rent the apartment...or so ive heard
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My 4 month old son and 4 yo dd share a room here in IL. They will for a few years, for that's all we have right now. I have no clue if IL has a law, but don't really care either. That's my kids room, and that's that. lol They'll eventually get their own rooms someday.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• There are no states with these laws. Those are for kids in foster care or people dealing with family services or living in government housing. Also, private owners can say stuff like that if they are renting but the state can NOT tell you how your kids sleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010