What is Your Biggest Fear For Your Child?

I'm sure you have many, and I'm sure I had many as my children were growing up. Will they pass in school, will they be healthy, be happy, will they get married, have healthy children? What's your BIGGEST? I just never thought my biggest one should have been the death of one.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My biggest fear is that my child doesn't get to live a full life. My cousin was 10 when he died two years ago from lung cancer and it really made me open my eyes.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My eldest is autistic. And no matter how much speech therapy, ot and behavior therapy we do there's a possibility he'll always need to be cared for. My fear (and it will most likely happen) that I won't live long enough to care for him. I hope his brother will make sure he's cared for later on, but not be his caregiver. For his younger brother, that he will be all alone to care for his brother and not pursue his own dreams.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You always deduct that you will die before you get to see the death of one of your kids, but life has other plans sometimes.....
    My biggest fears has always been that they would not find someone kind to love and respect them like they deserve, so I can die in peace knowing someone else is taking over for me.

Answer by older at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You and me both Austinsmom. My son is living with autism too, and I don't see his older sister having any part of his care plan.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my biggest fear is obviously him getting hurt or not being healthy.

but day to day my biggest fear is kids being mean to him. i dont want his feelings hurt.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 12:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Getting bullied or hurt.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 12:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010