blanket or no blanket?

Everything Ive read or that Ive been told says that nothing should be in the crib with my 5 month old. Now that the weather is getting colder here in Buffalo, I want to wrap her up a bit. What are your thoughts.

Tillster30

Asked by Tillster30 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in heavier PJs
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Heavier PJ's or you can get a bunting.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If she can push her self up and roll around on her own then it's safer than if she can't move at all. I've read that if you absolutely can't deal with not putting a blanket in the crib you can tuck in under her arms so that they are free, then tuck the blanket in on all three sides of the crib around her so it's not loose around her face.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I didn't exactly follow the rules with DD but she didn't have a ton of stuff either. Look into fleece sleeper, they have the covered feet and long arms. Mine zip all the way from toe to neck. The only bad thing is if you need to do a diaper change so I put a onesey on DD under, she is almost 2 so this is the last winter she will be wearing them but she is in a toddler bed now too so she has a sheet she uses as a blanket, her choice.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Buy sleeper pajamas or a sleep sack. She will stay plenty warm in one of those, and they are much safer than a blanket.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my boys are 5 months old and sleep with blankets i just look in on them when they are sleeping i tryed to not have blankets in there and they did not like it at all
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My kids get blankets in the hospital, I take them with us... If your baby is cold, cover them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i have blanket babies too a eight year old five year old a new baby who has to a blanket they all started at birth day with the blankets and had them their entire life its annoying but its comforting to them if your ok with it do like i did forget what other people say cause for babies or kids their blankets r therapuatic and how can we dent them what all of us need sometime to feel safe asnd comforted
    jojomomofthree

Answer by jojomomofthree at 12:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I always put a white onesie on underneath my son's blanket sleepers(the fleece ones with feet). That kept him plenty warm in the winter, since we keep our thermostat set on at least 68.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• ive always had blankets with my kids. i just wrapped them with it. tucked it under them and they were snug & toasty. just like u would swaddle with a thin blanket, i just wrap my baby tightly in a baby blanket
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010