do you clean your kids room?

My daughter is 9 and is the messiest thing alive - my mom used to come and clean her room for her, but I think she ought to do it herself - if it means she can't find something, that's a good consequence. What do you do in your home to keep your kids rooms looking nice?

Maureenmich

Asked by Maureenmich at 12:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kids are 6 and 3 and they clean there own room. I do watch and give suggestions and cheer them on about what a great job they do.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes and No... They keep it picked up, I run the vacuum and do all the actual "Cleaning" but the majority of the work they do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• MY KIDS R 9YRS, 6YRS AND 2YRS OLD...I LET THEM DO THE ROOM BUT AFTER THEY R DONE I WILL GO IN AND TOUCH UP ANYTHING LEFT OUT OF PLACE...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do, but he's only 3, so I don't expect him to do a thorough job of cleaning yet, though I am trying to teach him to pick up after himself.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my kids are 5 and 2.5 they both have to clean their own rooms sometimes I help or have my 5 year old help with the 2.5 year old though. I clean the house top to botom once a week when I do that then that is when I clean my kids rooms so that I can sweep their rooms and mop them and dust or whatever
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have organized spaces where everything goes.
    She's 3 so I do the majority of the work but she's a really good helper and she's already learned to start cleaning by herself.
    In fact the other day I asked her to pick up the living room (straight up mess...toys, crayons, loose paper, cookies/etc all over the place) and I finished the dishes and come in the living room and she's got all her toys in the designated area, her crayons and papers are in her drawer and the cookies are in the bowl she had waiting for me to take them.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 12:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• *Almost 3 (in November)
    Mrs.Halloween

• i have to clean my eight year old room and five year old room alot but i dnt like a messy house i try taking stuff away if they dnt clean like television or favorite toy or timeout if one wants to clean the other timeout till its done but sometimes i still get stuck with the mess asnd they get stuck with pushiment
    jojomomofthree

Answer by jojomomofthree at 12:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes and no, they are certainly old enough to do it themselves but they often do not so I'll sneak in there and pull of their sheets but leave the new ones folded on their beds.
    I'll take the dirty laundry out but leave the clean stuff folded for them to put away.

if I did nothing, it would literally be a pig sty.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Only about once a month. I go in there and thoroughly organize everything again. They usually help with that but sometimes I do it while their at school because it goes faster.
    The rest of the time they are responsible for keeping their own room clean. If they don't want to do it they can't leave their room until it's done except to use the bathroom and eat meals (no snacks, though). I also check their rooms every time I use the bathroom and if they aren't in there and stuff is laying around I make them come back and clean it up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010