clean your carpets yourself or have it done?

Do you have a steam cleaner, or do you have it done?

Maureenmich

Asked by Maureenmich at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i do it myself i dont like strangers coming in to my home
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I wish i had a steam cleaner, I have to hand wash my carpets, can't afford to have someone do it for us.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• We have small one that does an ok job with every day small stains. We rented one for my grandmother because her dog kept peeing in the floor. I wouldn't want to pay to have it done.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do it myself. I have a steam cleaner.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I wish we had a carpet cleaner, and we can't afford to have people come in and do it...thank god we rent apartments and they do it when we move out! :)
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• We have a little green steam machine and frankly it sucks. :( and not in a good way.
    I will rent a rug doctor to clean my carpets because I am cheap. $60 a day.
    But with any luck we wont have much carpet to clean after we install hardwood flooring!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have a steam cleaner...i paid less for it than I would have just getting my carpets cleaned two times professionally.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Professionally cleaned annually and maintain it as much as possible in between times. Professionally done really gets the carpet very clean and also more dry then I can do with my wet vac.
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 10:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I do not have a steam cleaner and can't afford to get it done professionally. We only have one carpeted room in our house and it's not that big. So we usually borrow a steam cleaner from a friend. I don't see the point in buying a steam cleaner for it when the carpet is coming up and we're putting down hardwood floor in the coming months!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010