Did you get an epidural during your labor?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a spinal block since i had a c section with my boys
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes i did....first dd it worked AMAZING...didn't feel anything...2nd dd wore off when i got that urge to push! i felt everything. but i am fine now and have no bad side effects from it.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I had two with my son, and they both failed.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• With my second and regret it every day. Will never again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I got an epidural with both children. With my first son, it didn't work even when they sent me the medicine twice. So, I had him naturally. But it worked great with the second boy. Everybody is different. I think the worse part about getting it is not knowing and when they tell you well this or that can happen. After you do it once though, it really isn't a big deal.. I did hate that you put much had tape on your back and they peel it off afterwards lol
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I did get an epi. Wish I hadn't.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes with both of my girls first one I didn't have any pain at first until i wasn't feeling to push so they lowered it then i felt everything with my second i didn't feel anything until after it wore off i was leaking spinal fluid so i had a bad experiance so after that i am not ever having anything stuck in my spine again i still have problems to this day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes. I toughed it out to about 8 cms and let them give me one, and it was great. I was able to sleep a little before he was ready to come (I had been up for over 24 hours at that point, because it was late Friday night and I had been having contractions since Thursday night), and I didn't feel a thing.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes - with both my first two, and I plan to with this one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Both of mine were natural with no pain meds.
    GiGito1SoFar

Answer by GiGito1SoFar at 12:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010