If you are not a christian, why?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Religion always seemed to show me the hypocrisy, the indifference, the lies and the cruelty, as opposed to the love and acceptance I kind of expected. In the words of Mr. Spock from Star Trek, "It is illogical." It has no truth in it--only fairytales. It has no logic--only wild fantasies. From any angle, it is illogical.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I read the bible cover to cover and was horrified at what I read. I could no longer follow a faith like that.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because I choose to think for myself and not blindly follow what other people are doing like sheep or cattle out of fear of the unknown.

Also, that's sort of like me asking , "If you're not an Ecclectic Pagan, why?"
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because it didn't feel right to me. There were to many inconsistencies, too many contradictions. At 9 years old, I started to question what I was being taught, and by 12 I just didn't believe in it any more.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Hmmm... well, because there is no historical or archaeological evidence Jesus ever existed. Jesus does not fit the Jewish criteria for being the messiah no matter how much they twist scripture to make him fit, and lastly because I find Christianity as absurd as any other mythology throughout time and I refuse to believe in fairy tales.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If you are not Wiccan...... why not???

bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I was raised a Hindu. I then travelled a lot in the world (thanks Peace Corps.. lol) and experienced different religions/belief paths, I also studied religions in college.

I decided many years ago. That I personally can not and will not follow/adhere to one single religion. I have not found 1 single religion that I: agree with everything it teaches/preaches with 100% of... or....that I would willing with full faith and heart abide by all the tenents of that religion. I try to live my life as justly as possible. Claiming to believe in and follow any relgion, would be dishonest and hypocritcal of me. And I won't live my life that way.

Out of all the religions I have been exposed to, been involved with, have studied..etc. Christianity the one that I personally would never choose to follow. It's just not the path for me in any way, shape or form. It is teh one religion that I find the most that I do not agree with.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because I know better
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because I do not care for organized religion.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Because all I saw from the religion was hypocrisy. Not one christian that I know, acts with the ideals Jesus set for them. I left the religion at 16 years old and completely lost all faith in God about five years ago. I just can't force myself to continue believing. I am also rather disappointed with myself that I did not come to my senses sooner. At least I am happy now.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010