Quitting Smoking

If you used to be a smoker, or you are working on becoming a nonsmoker, what method did you use?

I slowly cut back on the number I am smoking a day by putting them off for longer and longer before I smoke them. I am down to about half a pack or less a day, now! I am thinking I will be smoke free by Thanksgiving!

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I used Chantix and it worked but then I had a mental breakdown and started again! Ugh!! Maybe you could get a prescription from a good doctor. :) I know it works. And good for you!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 4:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I just quite cold turkey. After a 6 month period seeing 3 Uncles have heartaches and partly due to smoking. They were all fine but seeing them there in the hospital and everything hooked up to them. It was enough of a scare for me. I have not smoked in over 10 yrs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• This isn't exactly what you asked but my mother in law was talking about electric cigarettes she had found... Supposedly it is the same as a cigarette but it doesn't let you exhale actually smoke.. so no second hand smoke.. Idk she was telling me while my four month old was crying so I only caught bits and pieces...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I quit cold turkey. Has been the only succesful way for me
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I quit cold turkey and made myself only smoke when I drank ... then when I was sober I hated it.. which made me stop all together.
    Dariensmom1

Answer by Dariensmom1 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Good for you. I would say weaning is good and nicotine gum.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010