Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i get in to a bar??

My current license is expired i just got my paper license yesterday and am waiting on my hard copy in the mail..they punched a hole in my old license ..can i get into a bar ?? Also other question long does it take in wa. to recieve license??

Answer Question

Asked by Kenzismom at 6:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Entertainment

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • That depends on the bar. There are alot of ways to "make" ID's, so alot of places are pretty wary of just letting people in....the liability is on them. We have a liquor store that won't allow anything but a drivers license. They won't even look at a military ID....which is so wrong.

    Answer by EireLass at 6:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

  • I couln't with my paper one, I was pissed too!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

  • just have you old one with holes punched in it and the paper copy they should let you in!!

    Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

  • My DH didn't get into the bar when he had his paper licences. Although this was after he had his wallet stolen, so he didn't have his license on his anyway.

    Answer by ap9902 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

  • In WA it took a few weeks for me to get mine. But I dunno. I've noticed they're more lenient around here!! Where in WA are you from?????

    Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

  • <<<<<<<<<< BARTENDED FOR YEARS as long as you have your old one thats legal you can get in, but you can also get just an I.D. made for like 6 bucks till you get your new 1

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • I was a bartender, also. I would let you in with the old one and the paper license. The bigger clubs might give you more of a problem. They have to be very cautious.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • i am from vancouver..thanks for the answers..

    Answer by Kenzismom at 5:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

  • They should let you in if you bring both the paper and the expired.

    Answer by cherrygirl87 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

  • In Washington the paper license is legal as long as you have the punched one too. My new one only took a week to get to me.

    Answer by AuntieM at 3:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.