Can i get in to a bar??

My current license is expired i just got my paper license yesterday and am waiting on my hard copy in the mail..they punched a hole in my old license ..can i get into a bar ?? Also other question ..how long does it take in wa. to recieve license??

Kenzismom

Asked by Kenzismom at 6:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Entertainment

• That depends on the bar. There are alot of ways to "make" ID's, so alot of places are pretty wary of just letting people in....the liability is on them. We have a liquor store that won't allow anything but a drivers license. They won't even look at a military ID....which is so wrong.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I couln't with my paper one, I was pissed too!
    Anonymous

• just have you old one with holes punched in it and the paper copy they should let you in!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My DH didn't get into the bar when he had his paper licences. Although this was after he had his wallet stolen, so he didn't have his license on his anyway.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• In WA it took a few weeks for me to get mine. But I dunno. I've noticed they're more lenient around here!! Where in WA are you from?????
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• <<<<<<<<<< BARTENDED FOR YEARS as long as you have your old one thats legal you can get in, but you can also get just an I.D. made for like 6 bucks till you get your new 1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I was a bartender, also. I would let you in with the old one and the paper license. The bigger clubs might give you more of a problem. They have to be very cautious.
    Anonymous

• i am from vancouver..thanks for the answers..
    Kenzismom

Answer by Kenzismom at 5:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• They should let you in if you bring both the paper and the expired.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• In Washington the paper license is legal as long as you have the punched one too. My new one only took a week to get to me.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 3:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008