What is wrong with a child if he's bringing up mucus and can't seem to keep anything on his stomach,what can I offer him to make him feel better and what is this problem because it happens often?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 1:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• I assume he is coughing and puking? Am I understanding this correctly? If chronic mucus is a a problem he is AT THE LEAST dealing with allergies that aren't being controled and quite possibly acid reflux or asthma. My son would have wet cough that would lead to vomiting. Turns out he had all three of these things going on but any one of them can cause frequent mucus cough and vomiting. Time to go see your doc and make sure they understand that this keeps happening and that they need to get the the root of the problem
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It could be a sinus issue, but I would highly recommend that you take your child to his doctors to find out
    for sure what the problem is...
    As for something for his tummy, try ginger ale (room temp) or verners (same as ale)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Go to the doctor!!!! Something is very wrong and needs a doctors attention!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• you don;t say the childs age. it could be an infection; uri, rsv, viral, babterial,sinus. fungal, or other.. it could be allergies or asthma. it could be from tobacco smoke, pollution, or other air problems, it could be you child has an atonomical problem like a deviated septem. The child needs to see the dr since it happens often. it can even affect growth and development

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2010