Carseat question

I need a great carseat, convertible so my new baby can use it. I would love if it could be with some girlie colors but if not doesn't matter. Best brands, please!

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 1:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• You should check out the carseat safety group here on cafemom...there are tons of reviews on different seats and they will be able to help you determine the best seat . Some convertible seats do not fit infants well from birth. I think the graco myride 65 comes in quite a few girly patterns and rearfaces to 35 front faces to 65....so it could potentially last you a long time.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I love the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It rear-faces to 35 lbs, forward-faces to 50 (harnessed, it doesn't convert to a booster). I especially love the features; it has knobs on the sides of the seat with which to tighten and loosen the harness straps instead of having to pull the strap between the legs (which I always found inconvenient when having to loosen and re-tighten); and the shoulder straps slide up and down instead of having to be re-threaded, so you don't have to take the seat out to re-adjust to shoulder height (or to take the cover off to wash it), and you can always get them at just the right level. The knobs are easier to use forward-facing than rear-facing, but still easier (in my experience) than the pull strap.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I agree with foxracing. The car seat safety group has some very knowledgabel techs and mommies who would be able to give you some great suggestions.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I love our Radian by sunshine kids. It is a little pricey but they are great seats. I actually got the recommendation from someone on this site.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Britax Boulevard
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010