store brand vs name brands

What store brands do you stay away from and do you think name brands work better??

I don't like store brand diapers or wipes but i get kroger cleaning supplies

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get all the store brand toiletries from walmart, they have all the same ingredients and work just as well, but for waaaay less

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I don't mind walmart cleaning products but some of their foods don't taste right but that might just be me because I also don't like the meijer mac n cheese it just doesn't taste right
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I despise Bi-Lo's Clear Choice brand. Yeah it's cheap, but there's a reason, and I'm willing to pay more for actual quality (as opposed to just a name). I like Publix brand of just about everything, including their premium diapers. For the most part, I'll buy store brand; there are some things, though, that I just can't find a good store-brand equivalent -- like Huggies wipes, and I've never tried the store brand of Always pads because that's just way personal and I've got super sensitive skin that gets irritated really easily. And then there are some (very few, but some) things I'll only get a particular store brand, like Bi-Lo's Southern Home string cheese because it tastes the best to us.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Some of the off brand canned food doesn't taste right...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It just depends. Some store brands have good this but bad that. You just have to try them yourself.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I dont mind walmarts brand diapers. they work well for my 1 year old twins but i HATE HATE HATE their wipes. i wont buy them. I get pampers sensitive. I can afford the difference in price for wipes. (diapers... not so much)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I always bought luvs diapers for my daughter because they were cheap. With my son ive been buying the big box of pampers baby dry. I pay 30 bucks and it last a month which is the same amount i would pay for luvs
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I buy off brand for most things. I do the bulk of my shopping at SAVE-A-LOT, and the rest at Publix. Most things at the first store are generic and they are the store brand. I do like most of them and we get by. When I need brand name I wait for the BOGO at Publix and use coupons.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• store brand is for me... because of price....
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Mostly store brands, except shampoo and conditioner.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010