my neice is in LOVE with this band, the Jonas Brothers, does anyone else know about them? are they good personality wise?

(she is nine years old)

triplethetruble

Asked by triplethetruble at 6:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Entertainment

• They're kind of like NSYNC was in the 90's...very bubblegum pop sweet type people. They're probably the best band out there for preteens, I think. They've pledged to remain virgins until marriage...we certainly can't say the same for their female opposite Miley Cyrus, now can we =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• here's their website http://www.jonasbrothers.com/
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think they are a very good influence. They certainly dont act like Miley.... not to trash her but she is trying to act so much older than her age.... they Jonas Brothers have some sneak peaks from their concerts and their way of life. In my opinion they have good morals and I can tell they try to give alot to the community. Plus they sing beautifully!
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 8:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My 7 year old loves them! I guess they are harmless enough. They seem sweet!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• They are from an evangelical Christian home and were also homeschooled, I think. They have pledged to remain virgins til marriage and wear a "promise" ring on their left ring finger as a symbol of this commitment. I think they are a great, positive influence, though I could do without the skinny jeans...skinny jeans are gross IMO. I think if I had to pick a group for my kids to like, they would be it. Their parents are very involved. There is a segment about them on the Disney Channel and I'm sure you could dig up some of those episodes on youtube.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• They're sweet boys. They're on nickelodeon all the time. I wouldn't worry about them. Pretty much just a 2008 version of The Backstreet Boys or N'SYNC
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• im not crazy about their squealy prebuscent voices, but their song lyrics are great. i have two girls, 11 and 6. even my 4 yr old boy likes them. they seem to have great morals. their parents are their agents, and the number one rule is that they have to sit down as a family for supper every night. they have a younger brother, and the whole family travels together. on the mtv awards show the idiot host was making fun of them for their purity rings...im a hard hiney when it comes to what my kids listen to, and i think they are great..
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• h god i hate them lol i cant stand them lol but they started off on disney so probably good for her but id be a little worried cause now theey are away from disney doingtheir own thing only time will tel before the sexual songs start coming out
    Anonymous

• I let my 10yr old dd listen to them. I really dont want my dd to be thinking about boys at the age of 10. But if she is going to like any boys the Jonas brothers are the type of boys I want my dd to be looking for. They are Christians, well mannered and respectable boys. And they have pledged to remain virgins until they are married. And they still are with Disney. They just did a movie with Disney that was released over the summer. (Camp Rock) And I have heard that they are working on another Disney movie.
    knittymom4

Answer by knittymom4 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2008